Lessons Learned 3 Years Under Perkins V
After nearly 50 years of the federal investment in CTE, the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) at the U.S. Department of Education has transferred the leadership role for administering Perkins CTE to the States. This shift has resulted in an uneven performance among the States in carrying out the specific “pass-through” responsibilities under EDGAR and the UGG regarding the monitoring of LEAs, colleges, consortia, and charter schools. How effective are the State internal controls and protocols for identifying non-compliance and eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse? With the pull-back at the federal level, we are witnessing an uptick in instances of fraud in the CTE arena.
Who Will Benefit?
This virtual training is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
Attendees will learn:
- The new funding streams to support CTE under the CARES Act, CRRSAA, ARP, the Build Back Better Act, and the extended periods of obligation and performance.
- Budgeting for CTE for the period beginning July 1, 2022.
- Update on WIOA reauthorization and its impact on CTE.
- Unlocking the puzzle of the Section 123 Improvement Plan and the Section 134 revised CLNA.
- Revisions to EDGAR on authoritative rules, telecommunication costs, meals, informal procurement, inventory management, financial management, and pass-through responsibilities.
- How COVID provided a gap year for supplanting analyses, and how it relates to CTSO costs
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.