Late Liquidation Requests and Linkage
So much money, and so little time! Timely spending is especially important as grantees take on big projects with completion dates that may or may not be within the period of performance. This session will discuss federal policy on requesting late liquidations, as well as allowable accounting strategies to link obligations to award periods in order to meet grant deadlines.
Who Will Benefit?
This virtual training is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
Attendees will learn:
- Relationship between timeliness and allowability
- Important definitions, such as obligation, liquidation, budget period, period of performance, carryover period, and no cost extension
- Process to seek a late liquidation, including what documentation is needed
- Legal authority and practical guidance on “linking” obligations to different award periods
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.