HEERF, Is This Allowed?
Three rounds of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) and ever-revolving rules and guidance make navigating allowability under this program particularly difficult. Don’t worry – we are here to help! We’ll focus on allowable uses of the HEERF Institutional funds, walking through the latest guidance and lessons learned from recent audits.
Who Will Benefit?
This virtual training is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
Attendees will learn:
- Differences in allowability under (a)(1), (a)(2) and (a)(3) HEERF awards
- How and when colleges can discharge student debt
- Permissible “minor remodeling” vs. unallowable “construction”
- Discussion of other frequently asked questions
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.