The Inconsistent Treatment of Indirect Costs
This webinar will discuss the general principles on classifying costs as direct or indirect, and then dive into the practical difficulties of implementing those principles. These difficulties are exacerbated by common misunderstandings and incorrect application of indirect cost rates by different federal agencies, pass-through agencies, subrecipients and contractors. We will sort through the confusion, answer your questions, and give advice on best practices moving forward.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the webinar, attendees will learn:
- General overview of developing and applying indirect cost rates.
- Legal requirements on classification of costs as direct or indirect.
- Common issues related to classification of costs.
- Practical suggestions on navigating indirect cost issue with an awarding agency and/or subrecipient.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.