Grants Management System Pitfalls
This virtual training will focus on the federal requirements from the Uniform Grant Guidance dealing with financial management systems, procurement, and inventory management. Looking at prior audit and monitoring findings, we will discuss common mistakes and compliance issues grantees and subrecipients often run into in managing their federal grants. This session will also cover some best practices to help strengthen internal controls and void these common pitfalls in the world of grants management.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
- The minimum elements required for a compliant financial management system.
- All aspects of free and open competition under federal procurements rules.
- Common issues in regards to inventory managements systems.
- Rules governing proper cash management procured for both advance payment and reimbursement.
- Corrective actions surrounding conflicts of interest and gratuity violations.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.