The BruMan Group
New Employee Name
Emily Fridman joined Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in May 2017. Ms. Fridman assists her clients with various federal education matters, including fiscal and programmatic compliance under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacty Act (FERPA).
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Fridman worked as a regulatory attorney in the Office of the General Counsel for the United States Department of Education. Ms. Fridman also served as a public interest fellow in the Office of the General Counsel for the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. During law school, Ms. Fridman participated in the Boston University Civil Litigation Clinic and interned with the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office. Before going to law school, Ms. Fridman taught second grade for two years in New York City.
Ms. Fridman graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Economics in May 2008 and graduated cum laude from Boston University School of Law in 2015. Ms. Fridman is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and is supervised by members of the DC Bar.
Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Hearings & Adjudication
- Administrative Investigations
- Administrative Rulemaking
- Colleges & Universities
- Private Schools
- Public Schools
- Regulatory Enforcement
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia, 1979
- New York, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, June, 1974, J.D.New York University, New York, New York, June, 1971, B.A.
- Major: Political Science
- Honors: Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Honors Scholar, Pi Sigma Alpha
- The Comprehensive Guide to the Federal Role in Career & Technical Education, 2018
- The Administrator and Provider’s Guide to the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, 2014
- The One-Stop Guide to the Final WIA Regulations, 2000
- The One-Stop Guide to the Perkins Act of 1998