Erin Auerbach, Esquire
Erin Auerbach joined The Bruman Group, PLLC as Of Counsel in September 2017. Her current practice focuses on representing public charter schools in the District of Columbia on issues related to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Prior to joining the firm as Of Counsel, Ms. Auerbach worked for the firm as an Associate assisting state and local educational agencies as well as postsecondary institutions with various federal education matters, including matters related to the IDEA and Section 504.
Previously, Ms. Auerbach served as a law clerk to the Honorable Carol Ann Dalton at the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. During law school, Ms. Auerbach worked at the Public Defender’s Service for the District of Columbia, Civil Legal Services Division where she assisted in advocating for juvenile clients under the IDEA. Ms. Auerbach also worked for the U.S. House of Representatives, Office of the General Counsel where she aided in representing the institutional interests of the House.
Ms. Auerbach received her Bachelor’s Degree in American Studies from the University of Maryland in 2004 and graduated from American University, Washington College of Law in 2009.
Areas of Practice:
- Special Education
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia, 2011
- Maryland, 2009 (Inactive)
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., J.D.
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD, B.A.
- Honors: College Park Scholars Program
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa Honors
Past Employment Experiences:
- D.C. Superior Court, Washington, D.C., Law Clerk to the Honorable Carol Ann Dalton, August 2009 –May 2010
- Albright & Rhodes, LLC, Rockville, MD, Paralegal, December 2008 to June 2009
- Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C., Law Clerk – Civil Legal Services Division, September 2008 to December 2008
- American University, Washington College of Law, General Practice Clinic, Washington, D.C. Student Attorney, September 2008 to December 2008
- Office of the General Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C. Law Clerk, November 2006 to August 2008
- Teach for America/Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD, Elementary School Teacher, July 2004 to June 2005