Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC
1023 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Established in 1980, Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is recognized for its federal education regulatory and legislative practice. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC has provided legal advice regarding federal education programs such as the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (reauthorized as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)), the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (CTE) and Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA), as well as the Higher Education Act. In addition, the firm regularly counsels clients on federal grants management requirements, such as the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Grants Guidance, and the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA). The firm also assists clients in drafting, proposing and reviewing legislation affecting education.
The U.S. Department of Education and U.S. Department of Labor currently allocate significant resources for education and workforce development. Tied to these dollars are several thousand of pages of rules and requirements that States, school districts, charter schools, postsecondary institutions, and local workforce providers must follow. The attorneys at Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC:
- Advise federal grant recipients on grants management systems.
- Conduct onsite trainings for agency staff on the federal rules and requirements.
- Provide opinions and legal advice to help States, school districts and other entities comply with federal rules and requirements.
- Represent entities in audit resolution.
- Offer legislative services.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC has served as legal counsel to or provided advice and opinions to the following types of educational entities:
- State Departments of Education
- Boards of Education
- State Superintendents of Public Instruction
- School Districts (Local Educational Agencies)
- Charter Schools
- Public and Private Universities and Colleges
- Community and Technical Colleges
- Private Educational Service Providers (Educational Management Organizations; Third Party Providers; and Supplemental Educational Service Providers)
- State Workforce Education Agencies
- Educational Advocacy Organizations
- Accrediting Agencies
- Private Auditing Firms
- Education Associations
- Non-profit agencies