Back to School EDGAR Workshop
Back to School EDGAR/UGG Workshop For Programmatic and Business Administrators in SEAs, LEAs, and Charter Schools
With unprecedented levels of Covid-relief funding, attention turns to federal funds – and compliance with federal regulations becomes even more critical. All federal education grant funds received by local districts
(LEAs) and charters through state education agencies (SEAs) are subject to the Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG) and the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR). New to navigating these rules? Interested in receiving the latest federal financial, regulatory and legislative developments? The Bruman Group is offering an in-person EDGAR/UGG workshop that will highlight the most important federal regulatory requirements for grants management, and get you ready for the new school year.
EDGAR/UGG workshop topics include:
- Time and effort certifications;
- Internal controls;
- Timely obligation of funds and carryover;
- Financial management rules;
- Record retention;
- Property/equipment/supplies inventory controls;
- Procurement and conflicts of interest;
- Construction and Davis Bacon requirements;
- Allowable costs;
- Audits and monitoring requirements and more!
All recipients of federal grant dollars (e.g., CARES Act, ESSA, IDEA, Perkins, AEFLA and School Nutrition) must comply with these rules to avoid audit exposure and to be eligible for available flexibility.
10% Group Discount!
- A 10% discount is available for groups of 10 or more registrants.
- To obtain the discount please e-mail us the names of the attendees at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the group registers we will update the amount due and either resend the invoice or refunds the appropriate amount. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing by July 15, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a full refund.
Cost and Payment FAQs
Do I need to set up an account?
- Yes, when you make your first purchase you will be requested to set up an account.
What happens if I forget my password?
- You can request that your password be reset on the login page.
Can I purchase more than 1 item at a time?
- Yes, you can add books, recordings, events, etc. and make a single purchase!
Can I use my credit card?
- Yes, credit card purchases are encouraged. If a credit card is used, payment is automatic and the registration is deemed automatically complete, which means your registration is guaranteed.
Can I pay by check?
- Yes, you may pay by check. Checks must be made out to “The Bruman Group, PLLC” and should be mailed to The Bruman Group, PLLC 1023 15th Street, NW Suite 500 Washington, D.C. 2005. Your registration is not deemed complete until we receive the check payment and your registration is not guaranteed until the order is marked complete.
Can I use a purchase order?
- Yes, but the purchase order (PO) must be emailed to us at email@example.com in order for your registration to be finalized and your space guaranteed. The status of your order will note “pending payment” until payment is made on the outstanding PO. Payment is expected within 30 calendar days of the event.
Can I obtain a copy of my receipt?
- Yes, a receipt will be emailed to you when your order has been completed. In addition, you can login to your account and see all your prior orders and print receipts directly from the website.
Can I register more then one person at a time for an event?
- Unfortunately, no. The system provides unique user links so individual registrations are required.
This training is of value to all state, and local educational agencies, and charter schools that administer federal grants including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
Attendees will learn:
- Federal requirements for accepting federal grants;
- Cash management and inventory tools to ensure compliance;
- What factors must be considered in determining if a cost is allowable;
- Procurement regulations that govern federally-funded contracts; and
- How the cost principles help determine allowability.
The Bruman Group, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.
Where is the training?
- The training will be held at the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento, CA, located at 2200 Front St, Sacramento, CA 95818
What is the closest airport?
- The museum is about a 20 minute drive from the Sacramento International Airport.
Is there a discounted hotel rate for the training?
- Unfortunately no but there are numerous hotels in the area.
Is there parking onsite at the museum?
- Yes, there is ample free parking onsite.
What time is registration?
- Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Our event begins promptly at 9:00 AM.
Are onsite registrations permitted?
- Given that we expect the workshop to sell out we can not guarantee that onsite registration will be available. If there are spaces available, we will permit onsite registration. However, there is a $25 per person onsite registration fee in addition to the registration costs.
Will breakfast/snacks be provided?
- No, but we will provide coffee during the break.
What is included in the registration fee?
- Each registrant will receive an emailed copy of the PowerPoint presentation and a copy of The Administrator’s Handbook on EDGAR (5th Ed.).
What do I need to bring?
- You may wish to bring a laptop or tablet to take notes; however, please make sure your computer or tablet is charged as we can not guarantee that charging stations or plugs will be readily available. We also recommend bringing business cards for networking with our attorneys and other attendees.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing by July 15, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a full refund.
Can someone else attend in my place?
- If you can no longer attend and would like to send a colleague in your place, please contact us in writing at email@example.com and we will do our best to make adjustments to your registration.