NACTEI 2022 Pre-Conference
Key Compliance Issues Under Perkins V
After nearly 50 years of the federal investment in CTE, the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) at the U.S. Department of Education has transferred the leadership role for administering Perkins CTE to the States. This shift has resulted in an uneven performance among the States in carrying out the specific “pass-through” responsibilities under EDGAR and the UGG regarding the monitoring of LEAs, colleges, consortia, and charter schools. How effective are the State internal controls and protocols for identifying non-compliance and eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse? With the pull-back at the federal level, we are witnessing an uptick in instances of fraud in the CTE arena.
The BRUMAN team will cover the following items in this information-packed afternoon:
1) The new funding streams to support CTE under the CARES Act, CRRSAA, ARP, the Build Back Better
Act, and the extended periods of obligation and performance.
2) Budgeting for CTE for the period beginning July 1, 2022.
3) Update on WIOA reauthorization and its impact on CTE.
4) Unlocking the puzzle of the Section 123 Improvement Plan and the Section 134 revised CLNA.
5) Revisions to EDGAR on authoritative rules, telecommunication costs, meals, informal procurement, inventory management, financial management, and pass-through responsibilities.
6) How COVID provided a gap year for supplanting analyses, and how it relates to CTSO costs.
7) An interactive session on detecting fraud and non-compliance in CTE.
The cost to attend this session is $300, which includes the newest edition of Brustein & Manasevit’s EDGAR book, presentation slides, and a coffee break. There will be ample time for questions.
**Please note this registration is for the pre-session only. To register for the main NACTEI conference, please click here.
Payment can also be made with a check or purchase order. Payment and registration are separate processes. Please make sure you register for the NACTEI Pre-conference before submitting payment.