Jennifer Mauskapf, Esquire
Jennifer Mauskapf joined the Firm in September 2005. Ms. Mauskapf assists her clients with various federal education programs, including the Elementary and Secondary Education Act and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act.
Ms. Mauskapf represents clients in adverse audit and program review determinations. Ms. Mauskapf successfully represented the State of New Mexico before the United States Supreme Court in an agency deference case related to the Impact Aid Program (Zuni Public School District 89 v. U.S. Department of Education).
Ms. Mauskapf has extensive experience representing clients in their relationship with the USDE Risk Management Team as well as the Cooperative Audit Resolution and Oversight Initiative (CAROI) process. Additionally, Ms. Mauskapf has assisted clients in the development of federal reporting documents including state plans and annual performance reports. Upon graduating from Georgetown University Law Center in May 2004, Ms. Mauskapf served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jerry Buchmeyer, Senior United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
Prior to law school, Ms. Mauskapf received her M.S. in Education and B.A. in Economics from the University of Rochester. During her graduate program, Ms. Mauskapf concentrated in Secondary Social Studies Education and attained a New York State Teaching Certificate. Ms. Mauskapf is a member of the bars of New York and the District of Columbia.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Rights Litigation
- IDEA/ Special Education
- Grants Management
- Audit Resolution
Bar and Court Admissions:
- New York, 2005
- District of Columbia, 2006
- Hon. Jerry Buchmeyer, Senior United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas, Law Clerk, 2004 – 2005
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, May, 2004 J.D.
- University of Rochester – Margaret Warner Graduate School of Education and Human Development, Rochester, New York M.S.
- University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- B.A. Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: Economics Minor: Spanish
- New York State Teaching Certificate, Secondary Social Studies Education